Our Business Operations Consulting Services focus on improving your processes and systems to provide predictable information, improve efficiency and allow you to focus on serving your customers.
- Business Operations Model
Not sure where to start? Start with what you already know…your business.
The best way to start streamlining your business is to view what is in place. We will walk through your current operations with your team to identify key processes, key resources, and dependencies in place. This service is recommended for executives and managers looking for that high-level snap shot of their business operations into a concise documented format. This will provide an easy way to prioritize and focus on the areas that will provide the greatest benefit to your operations.
- Ideal for constrained budgets who need insight into their operations
- A quick first step toward improving your business operations
- Provides you with information by which to make decisions on areas of improvement that will provide the greatest benefit to your business operations
- Business Efficiency Assessment
Do you know what is preventing your progress towards business operations excellence?
We conduct complete assessments of your services business and how it utilizes systems and processes to identify areas for improving your system or process. We work closely with your team to fully understand your operational model, what processes and tools are in place and how effective they are. At the end of this short 2 week engagement, we provide you with recommended process and tools improvements along with the cost/benefit for implementing each change.
1. Process Workshop - We capture how the daily business operations is currently managed, understand the improvements or changes you plan to make and any known issues impacting your operational.
2. Operational Analysis - We identify process changes which will be required to meet the business efficiency goals, review automation opportunities and create a matrix which can be used for tools selection and system changes, and calculate cost/benefit for implementation of identified changes providing critical data for implementation decisions and budget for the project.
3. Business Efficiency Plan and Recommendations – The result is a full Before and After deliverable with an actionable plan on process/system changes and training that is designed to improve your business operations model.
- Automation Tool Selection
Are your homegrown tools and manual processes able to keep up with the demands of a growing and changing business?
In today’s world, investing in the right professional services automation software provides the benefits of industry best practices and decreases the costs of maintaining homegrown solutions and manual processes. TOP Step will help you identify your needs and select the right tool to support your business operations.
1. First, we spend the time to fully understand your business by reviewing your current business model, your desired business model, problem areas, and expected growth areas. Results of this step area documented business process model both current and desired.
2. Next, we will work directly with your process owners to identify detailed requirements such as reporting needs, data entry/access limitations, automation and notification, and functional requirements. Each requirement is evaluated for critical need, necessary, or nice-to-have to establish a weighing scheme. The result of this step is a Tool Requirements Matrix to be used in the vendor selection process.
3. In the final step, TOP Step will guide your team through an in-depth requirements ranking and evaluation process to down-select relevant vendors until a final choice is made.
- Project Management Office
Are you achieving your profitability targets? Are You Achieving High Customer Satisfaction Rates?
A discipline of repeatable project delivery will not only impact your profit margin but also improve the quality of project delivery. Most organizations have project management skills, but lack process within the organization to achieve consistent repeatable process which effects your bottom line, reputation, stability and growth as a professional services organization. We focus on the execution of your project management process and what is needed so you can execute on those large, riskier projects with confidence!
Process Modeling Workshop
Along with your Senior Management and Project team we focus on how you execute your engagements and where the areas of opportunity exist before we recommend foundation elements. The results of the Process Workshop is an outline of the PMO Foundation to be developed or improved including:
- PMO Mission/Charter
- Measurable Objectives
- Communication plan including document repository
- Complete lifecycle process diagram with decision, actions, and deliverable identified
- Process definition templates
- Tool usage
Process Standards and Measurable Objective Development
With your project team we define the standard process, the detailed steps to be followed within the process, and standard project templates to be included in the PMO library. Measurable objectives for PMO reporting are then refined to align with checkpoints, triggers, or actions identified in various processes impacting engagement status, health, and risk.
Development of project manager training is critical to the communication, and success for execution by your project managers. Materials are customized to your specific PMO structure to provide control and flexibility where needed to ensure high adoption by your team.
PMO Launch and Governance
The PMO is launched with an initial baseline of performance metrics for measuring overall project performance. To realize the benefits of a PMO for improving your bottom line, a continued process monitoring is designed to audit the trends in how the PMO is impacting the overall delivery success of projects such as reducing financial risk, identifying problematic projects early.